The campfire allows a player to stay in the cave overnight rather than returning to town.
Types[edit | edit source]
Consumable[edit | edit source]
The consumable campfire is a one-time use item. The player can receive one from a wide variety of quests. The campfire can be used from the inventory menu. After confirming its use, the campfire immediately ends the day regardless of how much time the player had left. The screen fades out, the player is told which villager dies, and the screen fades back. However, the player is not teleported back to town. Instead, the player starts the next day immediately in the cave where they used the campfire. This mechanic is the same
Fixed[edit | edit source]
Throughout the cave there are already-placed campfires. The exact location of each campfire is chosen randomly, but the rooms chosen are consistent:
- Every room in the Ice Cave has a fixed campfire
- Rooms 1, 3, and 5 in the Dark Cave have a fixed campfire
- Either rooms 1 and 4 or rooms 2 and 5 in the Water Cave have fixed campfires
- Either room 2, 3, or 4 in the Boulder Cave has a fixed campfire
These campfires cannot be activated unless the player has the rubbing alcohol. Once used, the mechanic is the same as the consumable campfire described above.
Special Considerations[edit | edit source]
- The campfire cannot be used in certain "side-rooms" (such as the Ice Lagoon, Erik's Cave, the Wolves Den, the Water Spirit's Lair, or the Tide)
- Any fish the player has in inventory will spoil immediately as the new day starts.
Quests Which Can Reward a Campfire[edit | edit source]
- A Haircomb
- Barnabas' Legacy
- In the Dark
- Not a Thief
- Something Fishy
- War Never Changes
Additionally, the rubbing alcohol is a reward from the following quests (as it is not consumable, the player needs to only get it once to use fixed campfires):