Cecilia's House Is Burning Down
Conditions[edit | edit source]
This event is only triggered if the following conditions are met:
- Dorottya has not repaired the streetlights outside (Dorottya will repair the streetlights if What's Yours Is Mine is completed when Katarina is dead)
- Residue has been completed
- Etel is not on patrol (Etel will go on patrol after certain completions of Den of Darkness)
- Cecilia is alive and living at her house
Every night that these conditions are met, there is a 1/3 chance "Cecilia's House is Burning Down" will trigger. Once it happens, it cannot happen again.
Core Event[edit | edit source]
The player is awoken in the middle of the night (by a villager currently at the inn or, if there are none left, screams from outside). Most of the remaining villagers will be gathered at Cecilia's house. The player will need to enter Cecilia's house, find Cecilia, and bring her back to the exit in five minutes. To rescue Cecilia, the player must go through a maze. The walls of the maze is comprised of individual flames, some of which switch between two positions. These moving flames open and close certain paths to the player, forcing the player towards dead ends.
The placement of the fires is random. When the player reaches Cecilia and picks her up, the player will be slowed down by the weight of carrying another person. The puzzle will also change to another random option, meaning that the player cannot follow the same path back to the entrance.
Variations[edit | edit source]
If Robert is alive, he will enter the house midway through the event. Robert will get lost in the maze, and the player will have the option of saving him.
Each of the following villagers will contribute to putting out the fire; for each that is alive at the start of the event, the player will receive another 30 seconds to complete the maze:
- Arpad (will only help if Barnabas is alive)
- Groa (will only help if "Bring Him Home" has been completed)
For a total possible extra 3 minutes, or 8 minutes to complete the maze.
Results[edit | edit source]
Regardless of the player's performance, Cecilia's house is destroyed and becomes uninhabitable. Regardless of whether the player has completed "Light in the Dark," the waypoint into the Dark Cave becomes inaccessible.
Maze Completed saving Robert and Cecilia[edit | edit source]
If the player manages to save both Robert and Cecilia, Cecilia will go to live with Robert and Gusztav (if he's alive).
Maze Completed, Robert is Dead[edit | edit source]
If the player saves Cecilia, but Robert either predeceases the event or dies in the fire, Cecilia will live with another villager, in the following order of priority:
- If Piri is alive, Cecilia will live at the seamstress shop
- If Gusztav is alive, Cecilia will live at the hospital
- If Szabina is alive and at the castle ruins, Cecilia will move their as well
- If any villager is at the inn, Cecilia will move to the inn
If none of the above conditions are met, Cecilia will spend the night in front of the ruins of her house, and will be automatically chosen to die the following night.
Maze Not Complete[edit | edit source]
If the player fails to save Cecilia during the event, she will be killed immediately.