|Szabina, Dani, or Cecilia|
|Artifacts in Ice|
|Loaf of Bread* or Shovel|
Conditions[edit | edit source]
The following conditions must be met for Szabina to give the player this quest:
- The scholar is alive (Szabina if she is alive; Dani or Cecilia if they inherited the role during "Artifacts in Ice")
- "Artifacts in Ice" is completed
- Day 3 or later
Completing the Quest[edit | edit source]
Completing the Scrolls[edit | edit source]
Whoever is acting as the scholar will give the player a quill pen and 4 blank scrolls. She will ask the player to go into the Dark Cave and draw diagrams of any fossils the player finds there. Four fossils spawn in random places in the Dark Cave, the player will need to interact with all four once they have received the blank scrolls. Doing so will replace a blank scroll in the player's inventory with a completed one. The player must complete all four and bring them back to the scholar.
Asking the Townsfolk[edit | edit source]
On returning the scrolls to the scholar, she will ask the player to consult with Borbalo, Tamas, and Gusztav (or Robert if he has inherited the role of Doctor). She will only ask about individuals who are alive. Once the scholar asks a player to speak with a villager, the quest cannot be completed until the player has spoken with that villager, or that villager dies. For example, if the scholar asks you to speak with Gusztav but the event "Apres Moi, Le Deluge" is active and Gusztav is inaccessible, the quest cannot be completed.
After speaking with the villagers the scholar has identified, return to her for your reward.
Inheritance[edit | edit source]
If Szabina dies after giving the player this quest, it can still be completed. If Dani is alive and at the ruins, and if you have not turned in the scrolls, she will ask you to speak with with Borbalo, Tamas, and Gusztav/Robert, omitting anyone who is already dead. The quest completes as normal from there, but Dani cannot inherit the role of scholar unless at least 2 villagers were consulted as part of the second phase of the quest.
If Dani is not available to inherit, Cecilia can inherit in the same way. Cecilia cannot inherit the quest from Dani.
If Szabina dies after asking the player to speak to the villagers, but before the player returns to her, speaking to either Dani or Cecilia will immediately complete the quest and cause them to inherit the job (regardless of whether the player has spoken to anyone else in town).
Rewards[edit | edit source]
The rewards for the quest depend on who the scholar is, and how many villagers the player has spoken to in the second phase of the quest.
- If the quest is completed with Szabina, and the player spoke with all 3 villagers, the player is rewarded with the Shovel or 3 Loaves of Bread.
- If the quest is completed with Szabina, and the player spoke with 1 or 2 villagers, the player is rewarded with 1 or 2 Loaves of Bread.
- If the quest is completed with Szabina, but the player spoke with no villagers during the second phase, no reward is received. However, the quest "Something Fishy" becomes available.
- If the quest is completed with either Cecilia or Dani, and the player spoke with 2 or 3 villagers, the player is rewarded with a Campfire and the relevant villager becomes the scholar.
- If the quest is completed with either Cecilia or Dani, and the player spoke with only 1 villager, the player is rewarded with a Loaf of Bread.
- If the quest is completed with either Cecilia or Dani, but the player spoke with no villagers, no reward is received. However, the quest "Cipher" becomes available.